Migration as a Service
Eroom, Microsoft 365
The customer is a research-based biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery, development, and commercialization of medicines.
The company currently uses EMC’s eRoom for external collaboration between the global workforce and its partners.
Over the time, eRoom have been used for internal team collaboration impacting employee productivity and experience. Also, the eRoom system is obsolete with regards to functional and technical capabilities and is no longer supported by the vendor resulting in increased expense of managing and maintaining the eRoom.
As one of the largest life sciences companies, a significant challenge was to ensure internal and external collaboration standardized through a single platform.
The customer wanted to migrate the legacy and outdated eRoom platform to a modernized collaboration platform – Office 365.
The company was looking for a partner who has deep experience in eRoom migrations on a large-scale using proven methodologies, migration automation tools, delivering the highly impactful and a cost-effective migration.
WinWire analyzed the usage pattern of eRoom and recommended to migrate the content to SharePoint for internal and external collaborations. WinWire’s proven migration expertise helped to the bulk migration methodology. WinWire’s deep expertise in Office 365 and Microsoft Azure and migration tools helped the customer finalize the migration framework.
WinWire leveraged experience of working with customer’s different departments like regulatory Compliance and affairs, drug safety & public health, etc., to develop a customer specific migration framework using Migration as a Service (MaaS) and to carry out the migration of 5 TBs of data.
Migration as a Service (MaaS) helped:
- Develop effective communication with 4,000+ users across geo-locations
- Migrate thousands of eRooms inventory and 5 TB of data to supported platforms securely
- Developed migration approach resulting in smooth migration of 400 GB of eRoom content every month
- Built APIs, utilities and components helped to identify eRoom content inventory, migration issues and provide migration dashboards
- Improved operational efficiency and security
- The customer can leverage customized migration framework to other platform migrations
- Cost savings by retiring an unsupported and legacy platform