EMR, Azure AD, Containers, Cloudwatch, AWS
The customer is a not-for-profit home and community-based health care organization in the United States, serving the five boroughs of New York City and Nassau, Suffolk, and Westchester counties.
The healthcare provider gets 50% of its daily calls from patients that require its central command center team to attend and check on the clinician’s visit status. The organization, on any given day, has nearly 40,000 patients, and the number is only increasing during COVID-19.
Patients are eager to know clinician details, including their current estimated visit time for the scheduled appointment.
The command center team needs to collaborate with other internal teams and spend enormous time gathering status information to share with the patients. The entire manual process is time-consuming and impacts both patient and staff experience.
- Caregivers (command center team) are unable to track the current schedule of thousands of clinicians on the field.
- Patients are kept waiting on the call for a long time just to know the clinician’s status.
The healthcare organization wants to create a command center dashboard that not only meets the growing demand but also increases capacity while delivering an improved patient and staff experience.
WinWire’s holistic approach coupled with design thinking develops a data-driven command center dashboard leveraging Amazon Web Services (AWS) to track clinicians’ location to improve patient care, safety, and satisfaction.
- Leveraging near real-time data, WinWire designed & deployed a command center dashboard to provide instant visibility to the caregivers (Clinical Operations Management, Scheduling staff, and Customer Care Center).
- Optimized the operational process that digitally manages assignment standards/guidelines and real-time communication before, during, and after the clinician visit.
- Enabled seamless tracking of near real-time clinician location to the Command Center team.
The command center dashboard helps healthcare organization align patient needs, staffing, and resources to improve care and operational efficiency.
- Achieved an 80% reduction in call duration.
- Single version of the truth – Command Center dashboard align stakeholders across the organization to a single version of the truth
- Improved Patient Experience – With real-time information at their fingertips and better visibility to demand, the healthcare provider can deliver a more predictable and consistent experience to their patients with less time spent waiting unnecessarily or receiving care.