Analytics & Cognitive Services
Power BI, Power Platform, API Integration, Azure
The customer develops animal health products for farms and households. They are an innovator, developer, and manufacturer of animal disease prevention, vaccine antibiotics, and functional nutritional health products.
The customer distributes several reports to their end-consumers using the automated email delivery regularly. The reports provide deep insights into animal health and their behavior. The customer uses SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) to generate reports and leverages SSRS “data-driven subscription” capability (to export those reports into Excel, PDF, and HTML formats to send it via email attachments to individual customers).
They wanted to modernize their reporting platform that can build actionable reports, reduce hosting costs, and uplift customer experience.
They were challenged of:
- Not having data-driven subscription functionality native to Power BI service.
- Power BI was not supporting automated conversation and delivery of the reports to desired receipts.
- No holistic view of the regulatory process from clinical trial to approval
- Data silos across multiple systems and countries created lack of visibility
- Dependency on manual processes and excel files – inefficient, slow & error prone
- Changing the global submission tracking and license management mechanism
- No visibility into how data is tracked – e.g. submission timelines, expiry dates for licenses
- Need a submission tracking platform that provides real time updates on the product portfolio and pipeline
WinWire has been a trusted service provider for various healthcare organizations. WinWire implemented its Migration-as-a-Service (MaaS) methodology and its Power BI Factory offering to strategize / architect /execute the re-platforming for SSRS reports to Power BI.
The solution supported the animal healthcare leader to address the whitespace of data-driven subscription in the Power BI service. The following technologies were leveraged to meet customer needs and enhance the end-consumers experience.
- Power BI as the target Reporting / Visualization technology
- Azure Logic Apps to build an automated workflow to send emails on the existing subscriptions information in the DDS database
- Built custom UI using Power Platform to manage DDS
- Build Generic API Layer to convert Power BI reports into automated different file formats like PDF, Excel, and HTML
- Elevated business efficiency and performance
- Improved customer experience
- Better platform and support to the customer with no impact to end-consumers business
- Realized a 30% reduction in hosting cost and migration costs