.NET, Azure PaaS, SQL Server, Cosmos DB
The customer is a not-for-profit organization that accredits and certifies nearly 21,000 healthcare organizations and programs in the United States.
As a part of its digital transformation journey, the customer was looking to migrate and modernize their on-premises applications to the cloud to drive business agility and improve operational efficiency.
The customer wanted to migrate and re-architect their current Central Office (CO) application to Azure PaaS to provide a better user experience and improve security. Also, their existing standard database allows publishing standards only twice a year. It wasn’t flexible to accommodate priority requests and changing inputs from the government, thus increasing time-to-market, issues, and discrepancies resulting in business inefficiency.
Key challenges include:
- Customers’ existing legacy application landscape were struggling to support their core business operations
- Need for modernization of database
- Increased costs due to the maintenance of application
- Reduce risk on technology and skill as well as year on year cost of application operations
- Inability to break data silos
- Inability to support frequent changes in healthcare standards issues by government /regulatory bodies
WinWire’s Application Modernization Methodology (WinAMM) seamlessly integrates digital technologies and legacy systems into a single system of intelligence to help customers optimize their modernization initiatives for mission-critical legacy applications.
Our methodology also ensures minimal or no impact on the business during migration and modernization. Our Azure experts worked with the customer to answer critical questions – Where in Azure should we land these apps? Which services should we leverage, and how to handle governance?
WinWire helped the customer modernize the legacy application and database to make it cloud-ready leveraging Azure PaaS.
- The new application provided a unified user experience that connects to disparate systems of record on the backend
- Deployed Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) for the sharing of data between various applications
- Standardized user interface to provide a responsive and consistent user experience
- Real-time data migration ensuring zero downtime of the application
- The modernized database design eliminates the limit of twice a year publishing of standards and supports publishing a standard in a day
- Ease of maintenance and testability
- Cloud-ready application with a highly available system for a near-zero outage of live applications
- Mobile-friendly design
- Faster response to customer feedback
- Cost-optimized with the scale-up capability
- The business could publish standards within a day for any priority inputs from government /regulatory bodies