Director/Sr. Director – Application Development
Location: Hyderabad or Bangalore
Experience: 22+ Years
Role & responsibilities:
WinWire is looking for Practice Director for its India office in the hot, growing market of Cloud and Data/AI related IT services leveraging Microsoft Azure. Working at WinWire provides a compelling opportunity for a rising star to be part of a winning team and achieve exponential career growth. Currently, WinWire is looking for a talented and driven individual to deliver great business outcomes leveraging our most strategic alliance (MS) and in turn help us grow exponentially leveraging the growing presence of Microsoft Azure in the Enterprise.
WinWire is committed to providing an exciting, participatory, and team-oriented work environment. In addition to our very competitive compensation packages, be prepared for challenging professional growth and fun along the way in our work hard, play hard corporate environment.
Key Responsibilities Areas
- Involve in the hiring process that includes creating job descriptions, initial screening, shortlisting, and interviewing the candidates for lead and architect cadres.
- Work with the L&D team to define, drive and track readiness of the identified new/ upcoming cutting-edge technologies (Trainees to Architects)
- Encourage team members to be part of WinWire events like Brown Bag sessions, HR conducted events and any other events as applicable.
- Should collaborate with Delivery and Project Managers to understand the concerns raised on the practice team members.
- Mentor and coach direct reportees to handle people from people and performance management.
- Be responsible for the overall practice team member’s mid-year and annual performance management and be involved in the annual appraisal cycle.
- Work with HR team to initiate Performance Improvement Program (PIP) for the non-performing team members as per the organization policies.
- Identify team members for the appropriate reward and recognition programs in collaboration with the project management team E.g. Spot Award, Quarterly Award and Annual Award.
- Define technology adoption and governance process for the new or upcoming cutting-edge technologies.
- Define review process for all development, infrastructure, and assessment projects as part of TQA process.
- Demonstrate skills by building demo-able solutions and proof of concepts.
- Contribute and encourage the practice team to conduct Brown Bag sessions, submit blogs to demonstrate WinWire’s technical capabilities.
- Participate and contribute to events, conferences, and webinars to share insights on the identified technology areas.
- Support onsite pre-sales team for the newer opportunities by means of technical solution review/ feasibility, effort estimation.
- Provide necessary technical assistance/ review to support automation of WinWire’s internal processes.
- Work with the Resource Management team in identifying the technical team for starting a new project/ executing existing project.
- Identify skills required for the technical team to perform well in their roles and collaborate with Learning & Development team to upskill them.
- Drive, track and conduct technical quality assurance for all the development, infrastructure, and assessment projects.
- Conduct regular review with the Architects of the project to ensure smooth technical delivery.
- Should own and work with the Delivery team on GO-GREEN plan for any RED/AMBER projects due to Technical Quality
- Overall 22+ years of experience with majority in mid-size IT services firms
- At least 18 years of IT industry experience managing onsite-offshore based delivery.
- Experienced building practice of at least 500 team members covering Cloud Infrastructure, Application Development/ Modernization/ Transformation using Microsoft Technologies
- Single-handedly owned, executed, and grown practice supporting a revenue of at least $50Mil in an onsite-offshore delivery model
- Exceptional relationship building and management skills to deliver superior services.
- Ability to work with the CXO level of customers and Exec level within the organization.
- Ability to travel to US 2-3 times in a year to meet the customer/ prospects (Must have a valid US Business visa)
Key Skills: Delivery Management, Account Management, Infra and DevOps, Application Development, O365, Resource Management