Senior Business Analyst
Location: US (Remote)
As a Senior Business Analyst, PSA within the IT team, you will play a critical role in configuring, integrating, and administering the Planview Adaptivework platform, a cloud-based work management tool used by organizations to optimize their project, resource, financial and portfolio management processes. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams, including IT, to ensure the successful setup, customization, and ongoing maintenance of the platform, and drive process improvements through automation and integrations. Your technical expertise and attention to detail will be key in enabling efficient work management practices and data-driven decision-making.
The Senior Business Analyst, PSA will collaborate cross-functionally with Professional Services, Sales, Finance, IT/IS and Customer Success to achieve organization goals.
- System Configuration: Customize and configure the Planview Adaptivework platform to align with the organization’s IT requirements, including user account setup, permissions management, custom field creation, and other system settings.
- Integration and Automation: Collaborate with IT and other stakeholders to implement integrations between Planview Adaptivework and other IT systems, such as ERP (SAP), CRM (Salesforce), and project management tools, using APIs, scripting, or other tools to streamline workflows and data exchange.
- System Administration: Perform day-to-day administration tasks, such as user support, data validation, cleanup, and maintenance activities, to ensure data integrity and system performance within IT guidelines.
- Process Improvement: Continuously evaluate work management processes and workflows within Planview Adaptivework to identify opportunities for automation, optimization, and standardization, and implement improvements to increase efficiency and productivity in alignment with IT policies.
- Reporting and Analytics: Create and maintain reports, dashboards, and analytics within Planview Adaptivework to provide insights on project and resource performance, financials, and other key performance indicators, and support data-driven decision-making for IT stakeholders.
- Training and Documentation: Develop and deliver training programs and documentation to educate IT users on Planview Adaptivework functionality, features, and best practices related to configuration, integration, and system administration.
- System Upgrades and Maintenance: Coordinate and execute system upgrades, patches, and maintenance activities in collaboration with IT and Planview support to ensure the smooth functioning of the Planview Adaptivework platform and comply with IT policies.
- Other duties assigned by leadership
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Strong technical skills in system configuration, integrations, and automation using APIs, scripting, or other tools.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills with a keen attention to detail.
- Proficient in data management, reporting, and analytics within Planview Adaptivework or similar tools within an IT context.
- Ability to work closely with IT and cross-functional teams to implement integrations and automate workflows while adhering to IT policies.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities in a fast-paced IT environment.
- Experience with system upgrades, patches, and maintenance activities within an IT framework.
- Relevant certifications such as Planview Enterprise One Administrator or other related certifications are a plus.
- Knowledge of business intelligence tools Tableau, PowerBI, and/or Qlik Sense
- Demonstrate the ability to adjust to changes in customer demands or operational goals
- Results oriented and can demonstrate a ‘can-do’ attitude, adaptability, flexibility, and resourcefulness
- Strong teamwork with peers with a consultative solution approach.
- Effective team player and/or mentor/coach
- Excellent customer services orientation and experience in business-related interactions
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in system administration, configuration, and integration of Planview Adaptivework or similar work management tools within an IT environment.
- SAP experience a plus
- Salesforce experience a plus