Since the launch of the first smartphone 12 years back, the number of people and the money spent on mobiles has increased exponentially, and this growth is expected to pick up even more in the coming years.
Have you ever thought over 5 billion mobile phone users are existing in this world? Do you think this is a small number? Over the years, technology transformation brings products closer to its users as Mobile is everywhere and everything around us in the present scenario.
The move to mobile services and applications has resulted in a reshaping of the business landscape. Organizations worldwide are looking to develop mobile applications to reach their customers from every demographic and build greater brand loyalty among their consumers. Also, the global annual spend on apps is forecasted to be more than triple in 2021, with a $1,008 average per user per year, compared with $379 in 2016.
Let’s look at the Mobile App Development and the mobile app business landscape is divided into below categories.
- Business to Consumer
- Business to Business
- Business to Enterprise
B2C is a process for selling products/services directly to end users. This category of apps support promotional and marketing operations of the enterprise, enable secure and easy access to corporate systems such as Customer Portals, B2B online services, etc.
Below is list of common features available in this category of apps.
Below are the different categories of B2C apps.
- Loyalty Apps – Customer loyalty and rewards apps fall under the umbrella of B2C apps.
- eCommerce Apps –If you’re a retailer who creates an app that serves as the exclusive home of your virtual shop, this would be considered a B2C app.
- Stand-alone Apps –Stand-alone apps also technically “count” as B2C apps. An example would be an app that is its brand by itself, such as a game, a utility, or a social media platform.
Can you think of the most popular B2C apps?
- Book My Show
- Make My Trip
B2B is a process for selling products or services to other businesses. B2B apps are targeted at connecting businesses, employees, and clients within the company. The focus of B2B apps to process profitability with sales enablement tools linking all integral elements of the sales chain. This category leverages ample opportunities to engage with the consumers, inspire loyalty, and build a stronger relationship with the app users.
Below is a list of standard features available in this category of apps.
According to the user base, there are two varieties of B2B apps and whether you’ll restrict access to app downloads.
- The mobile app is available via download on a company website or through one or both app stores, with users (such as clients, customers, or employees) entering a login to access the app’s UI.
- The mobile app is available only to a specific company’s employees, with downloads strictly limited. Access to the app download area usually requires a login. Enterprise apps typically fall into this category.
Can you think of the most popular B2B apps?
- Microsoft teams
Business to Enterprise (B2E)
B2E is a process for selling products or services to an organization. Facilitate business process management, internal collaboration while providing on-the-fly access to consolidated corporate information.
Below is a list of standard components available in this category of apps.
- Enterprise apps that are specially designed for organization staff have the potential to increase productivity and improve employee satisfaction significantly. These apps help employees work better and faster, thus enhancing business efficiency and giving their business a competitive advantage.
- B2E apps facilitate Employee Self Service, helping workers to enter their time sheets, leaves, expenses, and much more directly from their smartphones even while on-the-move. This offers convenience to employees and provides their accurate and timely information to the enterprises.
- B2E apps are of great utility to the field workforce. They can be in constant touch with the enterprise and reduce their travel time. They don’t require commuting to the workplace repeatedly and can carry on their tasks from the field.
Can you think of the most popular B2E apps?
- CAR SERVICING APP
- ICICI Bank account Opening
- AMAZON DELIVERY
- Allstate Mobile
Key Approach to Mobile Application Development
Below are the most popular suggestions concerning App Development strategies for landscapes of mobile apps. The below suggestions will help the developer and business owner to manage their activities.
|Native (Java and Swift)||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Hybrid (C#, JS, HTML & CSS)||Yes||Yes||No|
|Authentication (Social Login)||Yes||No||No|
|Offline / Sync Data||No||No||Yes|
For all business landscapes Testing is crucial. Below is list of testing services we can include for a mobile app.
– Cloud (Xamarin test cloud)
– Automation (Calabash, Appium)
– Performance (JMeter)
– Load (JMeter)
Please get clarified on below key decision from customer stake holder before implement any of testing activities.
– Identify Devices to provide Sign off
– Customer Willingness
– Cost effective solution approach
|Google Play store||Yes||Yes||No|
|MDM (AirWatch, Mobile Iron)||Yes (Requires identity, not a recommended option)||Yes||Yes|
If you want to create a new mobile app or build app with help of vendor for you or your customer, this content help to design in best way with more success. The organizations across the globe with the “Mobile First” strategy, by considering the above approaches, the business would have to invest less money, resource, and time not only in the development but also in its management and maintenance.